12:12 TORQ in your SLEEP
HOW TO ENTER
TORQ LITE EVENT
TORQ in your Sleep is headline sponsored by sports nutrition experts TORQ Fitness with a raft of co-sponsors and supporters. It offers 6 hour riding for Solos, Pairs & Teams and 3 hour riding for Solos plus Single Speed and Fat Bike categories. Expect a superb, well prepared, classic XC endurance course.
The well established XC endurance venue with excellent parking is just minutes from the M3 junction 4A with free trackside camping. The Arena has all you will need in the way of TORQ stands, toilets, water, quality catering, results screen, mechanical support & spares.
The course will be based on the end of the Chobham Ridges overlooking the Pirbright & Bisley Firing Ranges with a good mix of free draining pine wood and open heath. Expect a mix of short sharp steep climbs and some longer gentler ones, with fast single track descents and plenty of resting/fueling sections too. There’ll be numerous excellent trails included. The car park and start area are surrounded on three sides by quite a bit of the course so it’s an ideal spectator’s venue.
The venue will open from 6pm Saturday evening and again at 7am on Sunday morning with free trackside camping available. Event Registration will be open from 8am for Pair and Team confirmations and number board collections. The course will be open from 8am for pre-riding. After the usual rider briefing at 11.45, riding for all categories will start at Noon and there will be podium presentations at 3.15 and 6.15pm. We're really sorry but due to time constraints, we will not be able to run any children's rides this year.
As usual, a TORQ Trade Stand Arena, quality catering, toilets, water, event photographer, results screen, mechanical support, spares, trophies and lots of winner's and killer prize draw spot prizes courtesy of event sponsor TORQ Fitness.
There is a choice of categories for Solos, Pairs and Teams of 3. Pairs and Teams who enter do not need to confirm their riders until they register on the day of the event. Riding for the 6 hour and 3 hour categories starts on Sunday at Noon.
6 hour categories
- 6 Hour Solo Male 18-39
- 6 Hour Solo Female 18-39
- 6 Hour Solo Veteran Male 40-49
- 6 Hour Solo Veteran Female 40-49
- 6 Hour Solo Grand Veteran 50+
- 6 Hour Single Speed 18+
- 6 Hour Fat Bike (3.8"+) 18-39
- 6 Hour Male Pair 16+
- 6 Hour Female Pair 16+
- 6 Hour Mixed Pair 16+
- 6 Hour Veteran Pair (all over 40)
- 6 Hour Male Team of 3 16+
- 6 Hour Female Team of 3 16+
- 6 Hour Mixed Team 16+
- 6 Hour Veteran Team of 3 (all over 40)
3 hour categories
- 3 Hour Solo Male 14-39
- 3 Hour Solo Female 14-39
- 3 Hour Solo Veteran Male 40-49
- 3 Hour Solo Veteran Female 40-49
- 3 Hour Solo Grand Veteran 50+
PROVISONAL EVENT PROGRAMME
- 6pm Venue gates open for sponsors and campers only – the venue speed limit is STRICTLY 5mph.
- 8pm – Venue gates locked.
- 7.00am Gates open. Catering open.
- 8am – 11am Course is OPEN for pre-riding, which we recommend.
- 8am – 11.30am Registration open for Rider Pack collections and Team confirmations.
- 11.45am COMPULSORY RIDER BRIEFING.
- 12 noon ALL RIDERS START – In Vision live screen timing in the Marquee.
- 3pm 3hr RIDERS FINISH – a lap must be completed by 3pm to count.
- 3.10pm PROVISIONAL 3hr RESULTS WILL BE DISPLAYED please check them carefully if you are in contention.
- 3.20pm Podium prize givings for the 3 hour categories.
- 6pm 6 hr RIDERS FINISH – COURSE CLOSES – a lap must be completed by 6pm for it to count.
- 6.10pm PROVISIONAL 6hr RESULTS WILL BE DISPLAYED please check them carefully if you are in contention.
- 6.20pm Podium prize givings for the 6 hour categories.
- 6.50pm Killer prize draw – put your number board in the bin to be in with a chance of winning some great spot prizes.
- 8pm Venue gates locked.
- 6am Venue gates unlocked.
- 10am Venue closes.
|Date||Event Information||Venue / Map|
|No events currently listed|
Sponsors and Partners
Loads of prizes, freebies and event support from this lot...